Sunday, December 11, 2011

Six sentence Sunday for December 11

Here is my entry for this week's Six Sentence Sunday. Looks like I just made it under the wire. This is from Chapter 5 of my novella, The Bones of the Earth: Initiation Rites, now available from Smashwords and Amazon.
This week, I'm entrant number 105. I hope I'm not the only entrant who's not in the erotica category.


Chapter 5: the Cave
By afternoon, Javor was panicking with every step as they crept along a ledge narrower than his shoulders. The ledge was covered with a thin layer of tiny pebbles, and each footfall slid and crunched and pushed a puff of dust over the edge.
Cliffs rose almost straight up on their left and dropped so far on the right that Javor felt dizzy if he looked over. There was no sound but the wind. Above, the sky roiled with gray clouds. Clouds don’t move like that, Javor thought. 

For more hot excerpts, check out Six Sentence Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Great 6, filled with tension. And nice ending hook, makes me curious to know more about the world and his situation...

    You're not the only erotica entry :) Though mine is a time-travel romance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tense! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last line was very intriguing. Great job!

    And for the record, authors from all genres participate in SSS, but even so, there's nothing wrong with playing with those of us who also dabble in erotica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I'm not disparaging erotic writing at all; there's a little eros in my novel, too. It's just that all the book covers shown on SSS's main page seem to come from the same genre.

    ReplyDelete